Presentation and LTSP support request

Cedric Janssens cedric.janssens at ubuntu-be.org
Sun Nov 5 08:49:04 GMT 2006

Hi dears,

Me Name is Cedric Janssens, I'm a LoCo reprensentative of Ubuntu in Belgium.
If you want to learn a little bit more about me, just consult
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CedricJanssens

Well after the presentation, here is my request.

I'd like to install Edubuntu at home for my children.

Here is a little view of my network :

http://www.panamedia.be/imgforums/MyNetwork01.png

Edubuntu is installed on the AMD 2500+ and should run via LTSP on the
two old P-II

1/ I think the configs on P-II are strong enough to support this, aren't they ?
2/ In my AMD I have only one network card. Edubuntu 6.10 claims to run
Out-of-the-box on a server with two cards. Is this mandatory ? I don't
want to add a card in my AMD if not needed.
3/ I don't find on the web site, neither on the wiki, neither in the
archives of the mailing lists what I have to do to make it running.

Best regards
Cedric