Spanish and more lab clone problems

Mauricio Hernandez Z. mhz.chile at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 17:59:13 BST 2006

Hi Joe,

Please, next time, write emails for each subject you would like to
discuss. This way, we all can have better ideas about which emails is
about which things, and so, be able to answer them easily.

> Kverbos for Spanish verbs is useless.   If anyone out there cares
> please reply and let me know how to load the standard verb file.
> I'm a bit shocked that Edbuntu has software in the menu that is
> useless.

Kverbos -> I have not used it yet, and therefore I could not say it is
useless. As soon as I can use it, I'll let you know.

> I'm unable to add other dictionaries to open office.  This is more of
> a bug with open office.   But I'm shocked at how few websites have
> step by step documentation.   If I have an English Edbuntu machine
> how can I add the Spanish dictionaries?  Step by step help is much
> better than telling me to go to some website and RTM, as there is no
> clear documentation for dictionaries that I can find.

Has anyone on #edubuntu channel told you to RTM? And if so, indeed,
manuals are meant to be read by users needing knowledge.

If there were only StepBySteps docs, you are sayin we do not need
manuals any more?

Now to add dictionaries, I have no idea. I do know that installing
Spanish support for edubuntu machines, has worked in a way I get spanish
dictionaries added.

And regarding the 'cloning', I am not sure about it, however, you can
install OS on machines that are capable of booting via network. In
Edubuntu, that will only provide a minimal install (server install,
IIRC). I guess Oliver can tell you if we'll have an install via network
in Dapper +1 that installs a whole Edubuntu system.

[snip]

--
Mauricio Hernandez Z.

[Ubuntu Memeber]
mhz at ubuntu.com

www.edubuntu.org
www.ubuntu-cl.org

Cel: (56+8) 749 6071

| servidor: irc.freenode.net     |
| canal: #edubuntu, #edubuntu-es |
| nick: mhz                      |

[Mail escrito sin caracteres especiales para
evitar incompatbilidades entre clientes de correo]

[Para que enviar adjuntos propietarios, si podemos
enviar adjuntos mas livianos y libres?]
[Por favor, evita enviarme .doc .xls .ppt]