Seeking more information

Scott Ledyard scott at redboot.biz
Thu Dec 28 16:10:40 GMT 2006

Greetings from a first time poster!
I work with an organization that supports computer learning labs in rural
Guatemala. These labs successfully teach people in their community computer
skills like use of the internet, Word and Excel.  Expansion is planned using
Linux LTSP and older computers as thin clients. Last week we tested Edubuntu
6.10 and found it worked well. We were using a P4 PC with 512MB of RAM on
100Mbps ethernet using as many as 8 clients booting from diskette or PXE.
Performance was excellent and we were pleased that it mostly Just Worked.
It's the "mostly" from the previous sentence that has me writing you.
I am not having much luck finding guidance with administering Edubuntu's
LTSP. I've read postings here and have picked up a lot. But before I post
any questions here, I thought I'd try to find some more documentation. Any
suggestions?
Scott

BTW, sites I've already read include:
http://edubuntu.org/GettingStarted - A good start, but there's no clear link
as where to go next.
https://wiki.edubuntu.org/EdubuntuWiki - Links to the following:
https://wiki.edubuntu.org/EdubuntuInstallNotes - Not much here, per se, but
it led me to:
 https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LTSPClientSetup - Which led me to:
   https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/LTSPBootingClientsWithoutPxe-
Helped us create boot diskettes for our old PCs.
   https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/TroubleShooting - Some
information.
 https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LTSPServerSetup - Obsolete. Explains how
to install LTSP in Breezy. It's automatic in 6.10 .
https://wiki.edubuntu.org/HowToCookEdubuntu/Chapters
https://wiki.edubuntu.org/EdubuntuDocumentation - Ironically, has no
documentation.
http://www.k12ltsp.org/clients.html