Edubuntu in an existing network

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 19:41:17 GMT 2006

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, François BARILLON wrote:

> Le mercredi 20 décembre 2006 à 15:25 +0000, Gavin McCullagh a écrit :
> > As a very quick hack, you could edit /usr/lib/ltsp/greeters/gtk and
> > search
> > for the line:

> I found that line, but in /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/lib/ltsp/greeters/gtk
> (ie the ltsp system).

Oops.  Either that changed or I made a mistake.  Still, sounds like you got
that to work.  I guess localisation of ldm needs doing some time.

> PS : is it possible to run a virtual thin client in a window (just for
> testing)?

I've heard of people doing it with VMWare.  Petter Reinholdtsen mentions
how to do it with qemu here.

	http://lists.debian.org/debian-custom/2005/08/msg00019.html

You can apt-get install the unaccelerated qemu (though that version is not
the quickest thing on earth).

	http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/qemu-accel.html