Time resets on reboot

Will van der Leij will at eish.net
Sat Dec 9 07:55:18 GMT 2006

Hi Michael,

> I have one installation where the time gets set ahead exactly
> nine hours each time the computer reboots. That doesn't even
> match the GMT/Time zone difference.

I've seen this once or twice on dual boot machines specifically
where the system clock is used in UTC on one OS and not on the
other.

I also recently noticed this on my laptop too after a new
installation. As I recall, I just changed whether the system
should use UTC or not (can't remember which way round off hand)
set the timezone correctly and things came right.

Hope this helps you.
Will van der Leij