LDAP coolness, gconf backends.

Scott Balneaves sbalneav at legalaid.mb.ca
Wed Jan 27 02:36:57 UTC 2010

Well, I came across this today, and my mind is officially blown:

git clone git://git.gnome.org/archive/evolution-gconf-ldap-backend

What this allows you to do is:

Store some info info in ldap,
preseed your evolution setup gconf defaults by specifying another gconf
backend, that pulls the info out of ldap, and preseeds your gconf xml schema
with it.

I can use this immediately at work.  However, for our post-lucid "Make LDAP
just work" push, I can see many, *many* uses for this sort of thing.

Many.

More to come....
Scott

--
Scott L. Balneaves | Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear
Systems Department | and the blind can read.