Fwd: [Ubuntu Wiki] Update of "Edubuntu/specs/specs/lucid/ltsp-gui-install" by jonathan

Jordan Mantha laserjock at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 23 20:44:39 UTC 2009

Shouldn't this be Edubuntu/Specs/Lucid/LTSPGuiInstall to be consistent
(and not redundant)?

URL aside, I think this would be awesome for the 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx
if people haven't seen the announcement) release of Edubuntu to have a
GUI installer for LTSP so that we can remove that from the text-based
installer (which require a lot of DVD space) and is more convenient
for the "average user". What sort of implementation would work for
this? As a first step I can imagine a simple script that runs the ltsp
client builder using an internet connection if available. Further
along perhaps it could use a squashfs version of a client chroot or
chroot-in-a-package. Ultimately it would be great to get it into
ubiquity.

-Jordan