please reconsider and give it some more time

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Mon Sep 21 14:30:38 UTC 2009

Organizing a project is tough work! If it were easy it would have been
done already.

Edubuntu has had a tough life.  In the past there have been branding
issues, community support issues, and official issues.  This is not
criticism of Edubuntu.  Just a realization that in its history it has
broken a lot of new ground.  Whenever a project breaks new ground it
is going to discover new ways to make mistakes:)

FWIW, I think that you are doing a great breathing new life into a
dormant yet important project.

For that last 18 months I have worked with Sugar Labs to make it a
viable upstream for projects like edubuntu.  I have cause or at least
not realized until too late many of the same problems edubuntu has
faced.

My advice is to keep pushing, people are realizing the value of your
work.  Open source is about reputation.  As you build a reputation for
making good decisions and working hard to implement those decisions,
more and more people will stand behind you and help you.

I am an Ubuntu member, but no longer an active contributor. If you
ever need a mentor feel free to ping me either on or off list.

david