WikiSite

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 21 12:19:19 UTC 2009

Hi Ace

On 21/09/2009 13:29, Ace Suares wrote:
> I have had no reactions to my mail about WikiSite, which I wrote on
> request of laserjock since he had concerns.
> Currently my work on the wiki is on hold, which is frustrating at least.

Apologies for not responding, I tend to read through my e-mails very
fast and I didn't quite realise that you needed further feedback.

> Since no one else reacted (in depth) on any issues regarding the wiki,
> and only lasrerjock has clearly voiced concerns, I am not sure if I want
> to keep working with Edubuntu as it seems the internal structure and
> democracy is at least flaky.

You're refering to
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/edubuntu-devel/2009-September/003016.html
?

I agree with Jordan that putting everything in /wikisite/ is excessive
and will make the URL too long. From my perspective I don't see how that
stops you from continuing working on the wiki. I think you should just
continue to notify the list in a bit of advance before you make drastic
changes.

> I don't really want to be another one who leaves a half-complete wiki
> cleanup, but at least I can say I tried to discuss everything properly,
> and it's not by lack of will or interest on my side that I would be
> leaving to pursue other kinds of happiness.

I don't think you should leave. Just keep in mind that there's a lot
happening at the same time at the moment, and it's sometimes hard to
prioritize attention.

-Jonathan