Inclusion of FlashQard in Ubuntu

shahab shirazi shahab.sh.70 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 10:24:17 UTC 2009

Hi,
During the last year, I've been working on FlashQard project. It is an
educational software to improve the learning process using flash cards
and Leitner System.
Although it is still under heavy development but I believe it has
matured enough to be useful. So I decided to ask you for inclusion
into [ed]Ubuntu project.

Some of the current features are:

* Free and open source software (GPL License).
* Arranges flashcards in different categories.
* Different types of flashcard for different purposes.
* Multi sided vocabulary cards
* Interactive map cards for geography training (capital of countries,
location of countries, states, cities,...)
* An advanced text editor for editing rich text.
* Infinite number of images can be inserted inside each flashcard.
* An image editor embedded inside the text editor
* Can fetch appropriate images from internet (Google images).
* Unicode support.
* Can save all flashcards (even images) within a single file in XML format.
 Therefore, it can be carried and used elsewhere.
* Supports KVTML and CSV file formats.
* Import and merge other files.
* Records every answer to each flashcard for analysis.
* [Auto]Pronounce as you go through your cards ("espeak" program
should be installed).
* Displays you which flashcards should be reviewed during the session
(but it doesn't persuade you to review only those).
* Fully customizable review.
* Search for flashcards (title/contents. Regular Expressions are also
supported).
* Available for GNU/Linux and MS Windows.
* Available in other languages.

Please have a look at the website of the project and let me know what you think.
http://flashqard-project.org

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Shahab.