Edubuntu's focus, and future.

Bud Roth junk at taiotoshi.org
Tue May 26 13:15:57 UTC 2009

Like Matthew, I'd like to see Edubuntu succeed in the education
marketplace and agree with his comments below.  My experience trying to
get my sons' middle school to adopt GNU/Linux showed me that LTSP
created more issues than it solved.

I think LTSP is a great idea, but not one that should be bundled with
Edubuntu.  It should be developed in its own right for commercial
environments as well as educational.

On top of that, I'd agree with Matthew that Edubuntu developers need to
focus on education segments (ES, MS, HS, college) and develop with a
particular age group in mind.

I too would like to help.

Regards,

Bud Roth