Linux (and Edubuntu) in Schools

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Fri Aug 29 22:12:48 UTC 2008

off list because I am forwarding a email address
see below

On Sat, 2008-08-23 at 13:21 -0600, Stefan Nuxoll wrote:
> I would love some help, the site desperately needs some content to get
> going, especially from people who have successfully gotten open source
> in some fashion into schools.
>
> On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 8:45 AM, David Trask <dtrask at vcsvikings.org>
> wrote:
>         "Stefan Nuxoll" <stefan at nuxoll.eu.org> writes:
>         [ http://oss-school.com ]
>
>         lemme know if you need help with posts.....or feel free to
>         post or

Stefan,
Have you thought of working with an existing opensource project rather
starting your own web site.

I have been analysing the OSS education communities and come the the sad
conclusion that very few are going to gain the critical mass necessary
to thrive;(

The four keys are

1. Technical knowledge
2. Educational knowledge
3. High quality product
4. Inovative product

If you are interested I am sure that there are many existing
organizations that would love your help.

SugarLabs.org is greatly in need of teachers.  We already have plenty of
the theory folks.

edubuntu could also use the help.

It make me sad how many good education projects start and then die after
a few months.  Steve Hargadon <steve.hargadon at gmail.com> ofK12 open
minds would be a good person to suggest a project.

thanks
dfarning