Linux (and Edubuntu) in Schools (Stefan Nuxoll) and Edubuntu Classroom Metapackages (Stefan Nuxoll)

Platinum Arts platinumarts at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 16:50:13 UTC 2008

I was wondering, how exactly do I get some of my software into Edubuntu?  I
would love to get Platinum Arts Sandbox, the kid friendly 3D world creation
tool into ubuntu and edubuntu.  I am working on a "debian free" version as
well.  The site is http://Kids.Platinumarts.Net  I have gotten it in several
schools around my area and a college, plus some kids camps, etc.  I would be
more than happy to talk about some of that stuff on your site as well.  I
definitely would like to have it more wide spread as well since the kids
have absolutely loved it.  There have been kids as young as six that have
had great success with it.  I also use it with the kids I babysit and they
love it and show their friends it and how to do stuff.  I also have an
article I did on why game developers should make educational games if you
would like that on your site as well.  I was also planning on doing a
writeup sometime of the game design kids camp I taught at for three weeks
and had about 60 kids 11-17 if this would interest you as well.  To see
Sandbox in action please go to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g44Ww2bg2_E

Thanks for your time and any help getting it into more schools and even
advice on how to get it into new schools would be awesome.  Take care.
-mike