problem mounting ext3,xfs partitions on konqueror

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 18:25:44 UTC 2007

When I insert a drive (pendrive or usbdisk) its partitoins are
automatically mounted without asking anything.
(honestly I don't like this).

There's a problem mounting filesystems other than vfat and ntfs using konqueror.
For example,if I click on the icon of hda4 (ext3 ) and I obtain a
popup message in kde:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda4, missing
codepage or other error In some cases useful info is found in syslog -
try dmesg | tail or so

and in dmegs
EXT3-fs: Unrecognized mount option "umask=007" or missing value

When I insert my external harddisk, all the partition try to get
mounted: one konqueror window for each partition is opened but only
the ntfs partiton get mounted. No popup messages in this case but the
same message in dmesg, also with xfs partition:
XFS: unknown mount option [umask]

It seems the umask option is given for all kind of filesystems causing
error while mounting them.
Manual mount works perfectly.

'm using terra 3.0 and I got this problem after I update all what
possible to update with synaptic.

Thanks.