Howto set browser.startup.homepage for all firefox users in Edubuntu?

john lists.john at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 22:31:47 UTC 2007

In partial reply to myself I found this page:

http://szone.berlinwall.org/node/112

Which worked fairly well, however users are still able to over-ride
these settings. I am really hoping for a way to make the homepage of
my choice immutable.

Is there any documentation that anyone is aware of anywhere about what
kinds of things one can do with the file /etc/firefox/pref/firefox.js

Your ideas are appreciated.

John