Howto set browser.startup.homepage for all firefox users in Edubuntu?

john lists.john at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 21:09:54 UTC 2007

Hi all

I am running Edubuntu 7.04 and firefox 2.0.0.6+1-0ubuntu1

I would like to know if there is a way to set browser.startup.homepage
for all firefox users in Edubuntu?

I have tried setting this option in /etc/firefox//pref/firefox.js
by adding this line:

defaultPref("browser.startup.homepage", "http://www.google.com");

I've also tried to find something in /usr/lib/firefox
I've also looked at the directions listed here:
http://mit.edu/%7Efirefox/www/maintainers/autoconfig.html but it
doesn't appear that firefox under edubuntu ships with
"enable-extensions=pref" enabled.

Does anybody have a working solution for globally controlling firefox
under Edubuntu 7.04.

Thanks!

John