Problems with LTSP

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Jun 29 13:45:26 UTC 2007

> The VNC part of the Thin Client Manager stuff is still a little rough
> around the edges alright.  There have been some threads on edubuntu-users
> about this too:
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/edubuntu-users/2007-June/thread.html#1204
>
> I'd say it won't be too long before that stuff gets ironed out.  All of the
> technology is there (it does actually work once correctly configured), it's
> just some setup stuff that needs attention.

I can't get the x11vnc stuff to work either.  I tried all suggestions found on the
forums to make it work, and the best I can do is get the thumbnails to show up.  But
blanking, observing/control still do not work.  The rest of the server is working
beautifully however.  I really hope some more development is put into TCM since I am
deploying 110 clients at our school this summer.  No remote control isn't a deal
breaker, but after having it for many years (with Mac OS9 and OSX) it will be tough to
adjust not having it.

Thanks for all the work on this project, Ubuntu has been the best distro by far for
working with the LTSP guys.  As a user this is very appreciated.