Introducing

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 12:24:56 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, David wrote:

> I want to have that pupil who can use free gnu/linux in school in
> classrooms and if they want to have applications at home they are able to
> have this at home. And applications which are fine. At my school time it
> was horrible to see the computer class rooms.

It's certainly nice to provide consistency between home and school.  You
might be interested in the OpenCD which provides windows versions of a lot
of the free software available in edubuntu.

	http://www.theopencd.org/

It's probably asking too much to have students partition and install linux
on their home computers, but just adding openoffice and firefox on windows
is a lot simpler and will give you a lot fewer troubles.  There is also the
OpenEducation CD on that site.

> If i can i would like to help where i can.
> Testing or Translations in German

The current testing release of edubuntu is called Gutsy.  It is due for
release in October so

	http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/releases/gutsy/tribe-4/

A useful start might be to test it and report bugs you find in launchpad.
I'd suggest particularly testing LTSP if you can.

Gavin