Flash Content & Sys Resources

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu Oct 26 06:54:21 UTC 2006

[Rob Savoye]
> This is an old bug in the version that's in Debian, and we fixed it in
> CVS awhile ago.

Good to hear.

> Unfortunately when Gnash was packaged for Debian, the package
> maintainer took a snapshot that was buggy...  We're working on the
> next official release within the next week or two so distributions
> can grab a release instead of a CVS snapshot for this basic reason.

I'm the one pushing to have gnash uploaded to Debian, to attract more
testers, and look forward to having a fixed version uploaded.  The
current blocker for the next upload seem to be problems building for
both kde and mozilla at the same time.  I hope it is fixed soon.

> Some distributions just couldn't wait, as we've been making good
> progress on Gnash, and the alpha release is now 6 months old.

I know.  As you probably are aware, I pop up on the list from time to
time requesting tarball releases.  I'm happy to hear that a new
release is close. :)

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen