Some testing

Karl Goetz kamping_kaiser at internode.on.net
Wed Oct 25 06:32:51 UTC 2006

Scott Balneaves wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 20, 2006 at 11:40:05PM +0200, Claude Paroz wrote:
>> Le vendredi 20 octobre 2006 à 22:44 +0200, Jonathan Carter a écrit :
>>> 14. So that was the boring part, now to LTSP... I simply set my IP
>>> address to be in the 192.168.0.0 network and dhcpd started fine. I
>>> see /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf is still installed, some users might find it
>>> confusing having two dhcpd.conf's. We might have to highlight that the
>>> dhcpd.conf file is in /etc/ltsp
>> +1
>> I lost some hours with this stupid thing :-)
>
> I'll add it to the handbook this weekend.
>
> Scott

i was bemused when (on dapper), i couldn't start dhcpd without
/etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf in place (with 2 lines of content), even if said
lines were already in /etc/ltsp/dhcpd.conf

Could teh /etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf file just contain a comment rather then
be removed?
# This file is not used by LTSP. see /etc/ltsp/dhcpd.conf for configuration.
or simliar?

kk

--
Karl Goetz