openmosix clusterin

Lucas Vogelsang lucasvo at vincisolutions.ch
Mon Oct 23 18:36:41 UTC 2006

Hi,

I looked at open mosix as well, but dropped it for several reasons:

1. It is not accepted by the official linux kernel tree. ->no inclusion
into (ed)ubuntu -> no easy installation
2. They lack of a good 2.6 Kernel Support.
3.  For me it wasn't worth, trying something out, ubuntu will never
include.

It's too bad, that they are not accepted by mainline. I know someone who
as really successful with openmosix. He modified the openmosix livecd
and added LTSP.

But the edubuntu tean is aware of it and will certainly try to include
distributed computing features.
Edgy Eft, the new release of edubuntu, will already have a swapserver
that let's you share swap over the network.

regards, Lucas