Intro

Dominick Bruno Jr dom at o-stech.com
Fri Oct 13 05:20:55 UTC 2006

Hello, my name is Dominick, just got Edubuntu running yesterday (went
darn smoothly, too, once I bypassed the pesky cd-rom detection issue at
install), and I have to say good job & thanks to everyone for their
work!

I co-founded a non-profit in New Jersey, USA that primarily focuses on
feeding/clothing the homeless, but we're looking to expand into more
educational work (we already have small scale after-school programs in
place with a couple schools), and one idea we've been working towards
for awhile is setting up a community computer school/computer center.  I
originally installed edubuntu with this in mind (plus my sexy machine
caught fire, and I got relegated to using an old p3, 550mhz machine
running windoze98 that was slower than....we'll say molasses), but am so
happy with it that I plan on keeping it.

That said, I'd be happy to help out - I've got some editing under my
belt (early versions of "Programming from the Ground Up" by Jonathan
Bartlett - it's FDL'd as part of the agreement between Jonathan & I, and
revised often, so the continued use of "edited by" me is somewhat
misleading as I haven't been involved with it since the first print
edition), a few years of freelance website designing, a TON of academic
connections that would likely be interested in developing courseware,
and probably some other interests/connections/talents that might be
useful but none of us know just yet. Heh.

So, yeah, let me know where I can be most helpful, and I'll do my best.