Linux as a platform...

Simon Ruiz sruiz at mccsc.edu
Tue Oct 10 17:12:03 UTC 2006

Well, speaking for my perception of the entire Ubuntu project in general I'd say both, and that they're really not all that different.

FLOSS's strength is in numbers, so the wider it spreads the more superior of a platform it can be.

The spread of FLOSS is greatly influenced by its quality, though, so the more superior of a platform it becomes, the more rapidly it will spread.

How's that for fundamentalism? :)

Simon