Greetings!

"Simón A. Ruiz" sruiz at mccsc.edu
Thu May 18 18:42:42 UTC 2006

Susan Stewart wrote:
> Hi Simón!  I grew up in Illinois, on the Indiana border (your schools
> are now besting Illinois in yet another area!), and I would LOVE it if
> you would blog about this whole experience.  I'll happily provide you
> the web space if you need it.  I moved away, but I still visit the area
> often, and my mom is a public school teacher in Illinois.  I would love
> for her and others to be able to read about what you're doing.

Soon we'll have a server set up, co-located outside our corporate
network, where I'll hopefully be able to maintain a site--probably with
a repository of documentation (maybe a wiki) and a blog--about our
implementation. I especially want to kick-start communication with the
other Indiana schools involved in this particular grant, as they're
mostly working with the same hardware we're working with, but any and
all participation will be welcome.

I'll certainly post a message on this list when I get started with that,
for anyone that might be interested.

> I have almost no experience with LDAP, however I know who I'd ask if I
> needed help with it.  If I have your permission to give your email
> address to one or two people, I think I can find you some help.

Please! I appreciate any help I can get on this or any front.

> As for having a "real Linux support person" I think that you are well on
> your way to being all the school could ask for!  Please, please, please
> write about this somewhere.

Thank you, I take that as a compliment.

I'll write what I can, and make it public when I have the chance. I'll
let you know when that is.

> Susan

Thank you for your reply, Susan!

--
   ___
  (   )   Peace, Paz, Paix, Shanti, Mir, Shalom and Salaam
    ^