Suggestions for Edubuntu Syllabus?

Jane Weideman janew at hbd.com
Thu Mar 16 13:04:18 UTC 2006

Hi Susan,

I am still catching up on my mailing list backlog so I am not sure if
you got a suitable solution yet, but:

> 1. Suppose I decide to put up short "how to" movies: screen captures
> showing how to do various things in a spreadsheet, for example. What
> format would be best? Quick time? Something else?

Have you looked into screencasts yet?

Wikipedia entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screencast

Link to an article -Creating appealing video software demos in Linux:
http://applications.linux.com/applications/05/11/23/2121233.shtml?tid=39

Ubuntu 5.10 Screencast:
http://linclips.com/index.php?page=clip&id=4

Edubuntu 5.10 Screencast:
http://linclips.com/index.php?page=clip&id=16

Kubuntu 5.10 Screencast:
http://linclips.com/index.php?page=clip&id=5:

Some fun and informal Edubuntu focused ones by Dennis Daniels
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=dennis+daniels+edubuntu

> 2. It would be interesting to collect student work, and also a good
> opportunity for students to practice writing for public consumption.
> Is there a good way for students to upload files to somewhere?

Indeed.

Google seems to be as good a place as any for now...

JaneW