CD OK. Boots, runs but won't install. Hangs after keyboard selection?

Richard/g richard.holt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 15:46:20 UTC 2006

Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> Am Donnerstag, den 15.06.2006, 09:35 -0400 schrieb Richard/g:
>> That is basically the problem:
>> On a P3 w/128MB RAM. The hard disk is already partitioned.
>>
>> The edubuntu-6.06-live-i386.iso burned to CD at 12X tested OK.
>> Md5 OK. Boots fine and runs but when run install, it hangs after
>> keyboard selection? I can Cancel the
> minimal requirements for a liveCD installation are 256MB RAM, either
> upgrade to more RAM or use our default CD (the install CD)
>
> ciao
> 	oli

Yes, I did overlook or ignore the line that said, "You will need
at least 192MB of RAM to install from this CD." :(

Maybe adding a line to the Install CD like, "Use this to install
on older computers with < 192 MB RAM.", might guide others to
make a better choice.

I tell people to read everything presented to them, but I know
that it is because of my tendency not to do so.

Downloading the Install disk which will probably serve me much
better.

Thanks to all who answered swiftly.

saludos,
Richard.
http://es.openoffice.org/

PS: Congratulations and thanks for building Edubuntu.
It is the best looking *ubuntu of the bunch. rh.