large-ish deployments

James Call jamescall at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 18:16:14 UTC 2006

Jonathan wrote:
" Yes, going diskless is great for maintenance purposes. I think it's the
way to go in large deployments. "

We have 25 diskless terminals hooked up to a server and whenever the
students use tuxtyping, gcompris, or look at a web page with some
animation/flash then the server gets totally dogged down and terminals
start locking up.

We are using a AMD dualcore with 3gig memory and ipaq desktop diskless
PXE boots.
Now everyone at our school thinks it is awesome and want us to expand
to about 50 terminals next year.

What can we do?? We are in Mexico and our budget is a big constraint.

--

Thanks, James