Offer of assistance

Jonathan Carter jonathan at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 5 13:46:17 UTC 2006

Hi Robin, welcome to Edubuntu!

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 10:26 +0100, Robin Shepheard wrote:
> do a network boot, rather than have to do a full install. Yes I could
> use PXE to install Linux to each desktop but it means I still have to
> update the client software or re-install after every software update,
> using Edubuntu this is not the case.

Yes, going diskless is great for maintenance purposes. I think it's the
way to go in large deployments.

> I would like to lend a hand with the Edubuntu project if I can.

Oliver had to work for hours and hours without sleep this release and
the one before. It would really be great if we can build up a good team
of testers way ahead of the next release, so that we know in advance who
has access to which kind of hardware, and that we can assign certain
tests to certain users, and have backup testers just in case someone is
not available. On top of that, it would be nice to co-ordinate a test
run of this testing, perhaps two months from now, just so that we can
know what kind of problems to expect with testing. The less repetitive
tasks we let ogra do, the more cool stuff he can focus on, which will
ultimately lead to a better Edubuntu :)

-Jonathan