DVD is too much for Bolivia

Mauricio Hernandez mhz.chile at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 19:17:25 UTC 2006

On 6/2/06, Seth Hammock <sethhammock at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Edubuntu Land,
>
> I am in Bolivia and we are trying to get our lab setup with Edubuntu in
> Spanish. However, we don't have the resources to download the entire DVD of
> language packages. We do not have stable connection, hard drive space, and
> the computers don't have DVD players. Can anyone suggest how we might be
> able to get or help setup a download for language specific CDs?
>
> Regards,
> Seth

Seth,

I'll be glad to help you because I know how frustrating this feeling is :)

So far, the quickest and cheapest option I can personally see/offer,
is that if you come to the FET Chile event, I can arrange a set of
CD's for you to take back to Bolivia.
Unfortunatelly, I dont think we'll have time to prepare that set and
send it to Bolivia before FET because we are only 4 people making huge
effort to even cover the event details (many more than I had expected)
and expenses. However, if you do not come, I can assure you we will
get that set of cd's  done one week after FET and then may send it to
you from that time on (i still ignore how many cd's will take, how
much they will weight, cost, etc).

--
Cordialmente,

Mauricio Hernandez Z.

"Hell is repeating someone else's mistakes"
 (JPS)

[Mail escrito sin caracteres especiales o acentos para evitar
conflictos de lectura entre sistemas]

[En smilar contexto, evitemos enviar archivos .doc, .ppt o .xls.
Intentemos enviar solo formatos libres y mas livianos, como lo son
.txt, .html, .pdf, .odt, etc.]