Suggestions for Edubuntu Syllabus?

Susan Addington saddingt at csusb.edu
Tue Feb 28 00:54:12 UTC 2006

On Feb 27, 2006, at 4:18 PM, jelkner at divmod.com wrote:

>> 2. It would be interesting to collect student work, and also a
>> good opportunity for students to practice writing for public
>> consumption.  Is there a good way for students to upload files to
>> somewhere? Should  I be worrying about viruses?

I wasn't thinking so much of my [college] students as the
aforementioned kids from Vanuatu and Kenya, as well as people I know
in Alaska (Yup'ik Eskimos), and miscellaneous ethnicities in
California and El Paso, Texas. I'm thinking of a recipe exchange, for
(a) the promotion of measurement and multiplicative thinking and (b)
finding out about what other people eat. I could definitely get a
recipe for akutak ("Eskimo ice cream", made of lard, sugar, and
berries).

> jeff elkner
> open book project & dc ubuntu loco team
> http://ibiblio.org/obp
> http://dc.ubuntu-us.org/Welcome

Susan Addington
saddingt at csusb.edu, susan.addington at earthlink.net
Math Department, California State University, San Bernardino