Edubuntu Cookbook report

Kevin Cole kjcole at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 10 16:55:44 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Jeff Elkner and I have been going through the TuxLab Cookbook, eliminating
and rewording a lot of it to make it an Edubuntu Cookbook. We have been
using Lore (a document generator from Twisted Matrix Labs.  For info see:
http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/lore/)  Info on the bazaar (bzr)
repository for the Cookbook is located at:

    https://launchpad.net/products/edubuntu.cookbook

However, we have not been working from the Dapper Flight pre-releases and
have therefore not done as much technical documentation as we'd like.  Also
people have been asking for ways to participate for a while.

I've just acquired a room and some computers that I can set up as a lab
for testing and have downloaded yesterday's daily image of the Edubuntu
CD.  If there are any qemu experts out there, we're hoping to use qemu
to capture screenshots of the installation process.  (We've never worked
with qemu.)

We've re-envisioned it (a little) as an actual cookbook, broken up into
sections like "Appetizers", "Entres", "Main Course", and "Dessert", and
are looking for "recipes" that fit into that scheme.  I've converted the
Lore documents into wiki pages and put them out on:

   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EdubuntuDocumentation/EdubuntuCookbook

In order to keep some semblance of organization, we'd request that you
use the Cookbook Worksheet at:

   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EdubuntuDocumentation/EdubuntuCookbook/Worksheet

to see who's already working on what and "sign out" a section.

--
 Kevin Cole                    |  Key ID: 0xE6F332C7
 Ubuntu Linux DC LoCo Team     |     WWW: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/KevinCole

 "Using vi is not a sin. It's a penance." -- St. IGNUcious, Church of Emacs