very bad experience installing edubuntu edgy (Gavin McCullagh)

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 21:35:04 UTC 2006

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006, Matt Oquist wrote:

> gbecs6 ~ # md5sum /home/admin/edubuntu-6.10-install-i386.iso
> ace2a8fb5f02c8fc82b9ab0851032d3a /home/admin/edubuntu-6.10-install-i386.iso

gavinmc at edubuntu:~$ md5sum edubuntu.iso
ace2a8fb5f02c8fc82b9ab0851032d3a  edubuntu.iso

unfortunately I did rename the image in order to transfer it to a cd burner
machine.  I burnt it and it is a live cd.

Either this is an extremely unlikely event (2 different isos with the same
md5sum) or one of us has made a mistake.  I presume it must be me, but I
really can't see where.  However, I went and got the ubuntu alternate
installer and have progressed with that.  I'm also using software raid, but
had to figure out some flakiness which I will explain in another email.

Gavin