Looking for Anyone Doing Training on Open Source Software in Education

Mauricio Hernandez Z. mhz.chile at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 02:35:44 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 09:50 -0700, Steve Hargadon wrote:
> Another resource I am interested in tracking is any individual or
> organization doing training on Free and Open Source software in
> education.
>
> Please let me know who you are aware is doing this.

Well, I have just finished the design of a training course for teachers.
It's about Office applications (abiword, gnumeric, ooo, firefox,
thunderbird, evolution) and how to use them on school tasks scenarios.

We are now on the process of reviewing its contents so we can present it
to one of the Chilean institutions regulating training here, so we can
"it's approved by Gov."

Is it necessary to mention that this course is meant for Edubuntu users?
:D

Next courses on list are: "Taking care of an Edubuntu School Lab", "Free
Software, Free Technlology, Free as in Freedom" (a more phylosophical
approach than technical), and a couple of others about Linux (Ubuntu)
stuff.

Our only "little" stop so far, after we are done reviewing the contents
of our first course, it's that Chilean Gov. requests a payment of about
U$1150 for every training course we want them to approve. Hence, I
believe we'll be submitting it to Gov. revision by end of June. (hope!
again)

PS: BTW, JaneW, ogra, and jscotango, and many other IRC people, this is
one of the many reasons why I have been "more away" from IRC so far. I
believe I'll be back to IRCing like I did before, as soon as things get
lot less hectic.

--
Cordialmente,

Mauricio Hernandez Z.
(56+8)7496071
(56+2)3129513

www.ubuntu-cl.org
www.edubuntu.org
irc.freenode.net | #edubuntu #edubuntu-es

www.tecnocimiento.cl/EdubuntuChile

[I dream of things that never were and say 'Why Not?']

ID #287183
http://counter.li.org

/!\ Mail escrito sin caracteres especiales para evitar
conflictos de lectura con otros lectores de correos.