thin client almost there... but not quite

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 2 13:09:52 UTC 2006

hi,
Am Sonntag, den 02.04.2006, 14:01 +0200 schrieb Jonathan Carter:
> Hi John
>
> On Fri, 2006-03-31 at 14:52 -0700, john at pblj.net wrote:
> > I'm guessing that this has something to do with the graphics cards in
> > those old computers. Any ideas? I'm guessing a lts.conf file might help,
> > but I'm unsure what variables to include in lts.conf and what values to
> > set them to. Help...
>
> The auto-detection of some display cards doesn't always work that well.
> You are right about setting up an lts.conf file.
it works usually very well, especially for old cards.
i have a different theory here, how much memory do these cards have ?
its very likely not enough to run in 24bit mode (which breezy defaults
to, in dapper you can set X_COLOR_DEPTH=16 in lts.conf, breezy was sadly
lacking that feature)
your cards should have at least 2MB memory available for 1024x786 at 16bit
and more for a 24bit depth.

ciao
	oli