collaborative content submission

Mauricio Hernandez mhz.chile at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 03:57:15 UTC 2005

In the small group of people I work with, Tecnocimiento, we're
starting a project called WikiAprende or WikiLearn.

The main objectives of this project are:

 * Provide a wiki + moodle platform or system that synchronizes
educational data among many other remote similar wiki + moodle
platforms (or WikiLearns platforms, actually)

 * Be possible to work on both the wiki and the moodle either On or
Off line, and sync the contents afterwards, if off line.

 * Be used as a complementary tool or system of other existing
educational tools, as long as ALL its content is 100% FREE AS IN
FREEDOM

So far, we have detected that MoinMoin wiki could be very
'born_to_be_wiki_of_choice' for the project, as it is all plain text,
and it is developed in Python (Python rocks!, AFAIK). Also, I had the
chance to talk to a guy from the Univ. of Auckland, while I was in
Peru a month ago, and he was working on a project called ExeLearning
that actually created moodle content off line and then synced to an on
line Moodle.

I have not tested ExeLearning yet because the link seems to be broken
these days but I do have the Auckland guy's email :)

At this very moment, we have not gone far yet because we are just 2
guys working on it and we also have to sell everyday stuff (Linux
support and training) so we can have some bucks to feed ourselves :D
BUT we do intend to accelerate our steps real soon.

Maybe this WikiAprende thing will help, who knows...
--
Cordialmente,

Mauricio Hernandez Z.

"Hell is repeating someone else's mistakes" (JPS)