[Fwd: Edubuntu for blind people?]

Jane Weideman janew at hbd.com
Thu Sep 15 11:43:36 UTC 2005

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: manxopar <manxopar at mundo-r.com>
To: janew at ubuntu.com
Subject: Edubuntu for blind people?
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:44:50 +0200

I am a teacher in a secondary school in Spain and I have a blind student.  I have found out edubuntu and it seemed to me very interesting.  I take to time looking for a linux solution similar to Jaws for Wz and although I have seen Oralux, emacspeak and others, I think that it would be important that edubuntu came prepared with complete support for blind people with programs like gnopernicus, festival, support for braille devices, screen magnifiers, etc.
Contemplates edubuntu these posibiidades in the basic installation of the system?.

Regards
Manuel Rey
--
JaneW