Wiking edubuntu info/ Use of one of the MANY Moin features

Mauricio Hernandez mhz.chile at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 07:05:04 UTC 2005

As I have no idea how much into-Moin-wiki subscribers to this list
are, I decided to write this real mini howto.

If there's a considerable amount of "listers" that really need help on
editing moin because they are desperate to cllaborate with
documentation, please feel free to write me and I will motivate myself
to write more KISS like howto's.

If, on the contrary, this is not needed, please let me know ASAP so I
stop using precious time :D .
---

iIn Moin, there's this great chance to group pages that belong to a
certain category or status.

"Categories" are very useful when it comes to automatically listing
certain pages.

To use Categories, just create a wiki page called
CategorySomethingYouWant. To make things easier, I propose that when
creating the page, you use the CategoryTemplate suggested on the left
column.

= Example =
Let's say we need to group 'pages-oriented-to-teachers'. At the URL
bar (where the http://www.edubuntu.org/ is) we create a page called
CategoryTeachers by simply writing CategoryTeachers after the  ...org/
of the URL. We'll be prompted with a 'create this page' message, and
so, we'll create the page.

If the page already exists or there's a similar name, that info will
be listed on the right column of the aforementioned message and
therefore, we may not need to create a new page.

If we are sure we need to create a page, then please use the
CategoryTemplate on the left column of the same message.

Once the page has been created and saved, it will immediately show ALL
those pages that include the camel words (or links) CategoryTeachers
on its body.

Please visit http://www.edubuntu.org/CategoryPending so that you see
what I am talking about :)
--
Cordialmente,

Mauricio Hernandez Z.

"Hell is repeating someone else's mistakes" (JPS)