EdubuntuStudyPackages

Herman Bos hbos at osso.nl
Sat Nov 26 11:24:09 UTC 2005

Mauricio Hernandez wrote:

>if any one interested in this, please jump in.
>
>http://wiki.edubuntu.org/EdubuntuStudyPackages
>
>So far, Ricardo Strusberg from Venezuela has shown deep interest in
>the idea. Also, JoseCifuentes and Sergio Vergara both from Chile.
>
>Any other language speakers?
>
>We need to plan how we'll be able to this packaging. Content is not so
>difficult to generate but id does take dedication.
>
>Packaging? Ogra will teach us :)
>--
>Cordialmente,
>
>Mauricio Hernandez Z.
>
>"Hell is repeating someone else's mistakes"
> (JPS)
>
>[Mail escrito sin caracteres especiales o acentos para evitar
>conflictos de lectura entre sistemas]
>
>[En smilar contexto, evitemos enviar archivos .doc, .ppt o .xls.
>Intentemos enviar solo formatos libres y mas livianos, como lo son
>.txt, .html, .pdf, .odt, etc.]

I am interested however.

* Are there any similar projects?
http://www.schoolforge.net/ maybe?

* Don't think JaneW/ogra see this within the scope of edubuntu. However
might be suitable as some sub-project. Jane?

* Not sure if its convienant to have such things in packages, personally
I think its more convienant to have a website/database
library.edubuntu.org(or something like that) in which the material can
be added, indexed and easily searched for.

If you want to package stuff I can help, since I want to get some more
experience on that.

- Herman