GPL Smartcard authentication

Olafur Arason olafra at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 14:15:37 UTC 2005

This might be interesting for edubuntu:
http://www.snakecard.com
This is a Smart card login, wallet and personal information storage.
It's implemented in python for the foundation, java for the javacard and
Basic and c++ for the Windows side.
I haven't examined the code extensively but it seems that the login part is
only on windows. But there are some patches for pam I think that support
smartcard elsewhere. I think bad passwords and everything surrounding
password are one of the biggest hassles on computers. Especially with young
kids, a card system would be far better. The gui isn't polished, and uses
WxWidgets but some sort of intergration with Gnome System Tool and GDM
should be possible but maybe more realistically in Dapper+1 time
frame.

The contact information is:
info at snakecard.com
And Phillippe C. Martin pmartin at snakecard.com