Color depth

jelkner at divmod.com jelkner at divmod.com
Wed Nov 16 11:58:40 UTC 2005

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:27:53 +0100, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> I think that the release of the terminalserver-edubuntu 5.10 was too
>> early.
>i think it was fine, else i wouldnt have gotten your feedback which is
>most valuable for improvements ;)

I'm running terminalserver-edubuntu 5.10 in 4 different setups where it is working wonderfully!  There are clearly improvements that need to me made for the Dapper release, but as a first effort getting a new, secure ltsp distro out the door with only 3 months development time terminalserver-edubuntu 5.10 is an awesome accomplishment.

Thanks Oliver!

>> The workstation edubuntu is fine, but i can not suggest
>> colleagues to  install this terminalserver in their classrooms. The most
>> of my colleagues are about 50 years and older. And there are to many
>> stumbling blocks at the moment. We have to wait for dapper drake.

It depends on the situation.  With client machines with 128 megs of RAM, the current version of terminalserver-edubuntu works very well.  I could recommend it now without hesitation with x86 thin clients with sufficient resources.

jeff elkner