Edubuntu Artwork for Edubuntu 6.04 - Dapper Drake

Jonathan Carter jonathan at shuttleworthfoundation.org
Sun Nov 13 15:12:11 UTC 2005

Hi Oliver

Oliver Grawert wrote:
> during several discussions we came to the conclusion that we should have
> at least two (rather three) different choices...

I think I missed the notes from that discussion... I like the idea of
having more than one theme by default, though :)

>  * add a debconf question which flavor you want to use, so
>    a sudo dpkg-reconfigure edubuntu-artwork will make it possible
>    to easily select between lower, mid and higher grade artwork.
>  * ask the above debconf question on install to make sure you dont
>    have to reconfigure anything (you should already know your target
>    audience, right ?).
<snip>
> for window frames and gtk themes we should stay with ubuntu as we did in
> the breezy release...

I fully agree with you about the gtk themes and the tango icons for the
higher grades. You said first that there should be two themes, and then
a lower, mid and higher grade artwork set? So is it definately 2 themes,
or is there a posibility of 3?

Here's one I've been playing with a bit based on Neil's chalkboard
wallpaper: http://wiki.edubuntu.org/EdubuntuDapperTheme/JonathanCarter/chalk

-Jonathan