Lack of ppc support

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 9 09:07:13 UTC 2005

hi,
On Di, 2005-11-08 at 10:25 -0800, Gifford Tallmadge wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I was wondering why there is no PPC version of Edubuntu?

the reason was that we had not enough testers for the ppc image. i
personally dont own ppc hardware and nobody in the community stepped up
to help out with testing in this area (probably i didnt shout loud
enough).

when i found somebody from the ubuntu dev team to at least test the
final release CD (one day before release) we discovered a bug in ltsp
during QA testing that made it impossible to release this image.

if you only want to use the standalone workstation version of edubuntu,
just install from a normal breezy powerpc CD and install the
edubuntu-desktop package on top.

during the ubuntu developer conference last week i arranged some more
testing facilities for the upcoming release due to this and the fact
that our community now started growing (which hopefully will bring in
additional testers) i think i can promise we'll have a working ppc
version in the next release.

ciao
	oli