Shutting out the Distractions

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Tue Nov 8 19:00:06 UTC 2005

The easiest and simplest way to shut out the distractions
consists of 2 parts:

1.Remove all panels and put iconic links to whatever you
want your pupils to have access to on the desktop.

2. Use single-button mice (i.e. left-click only) - not
terribly original idea - pinched from Macintosh - I believe
that MAC USB mice should work with PCs with USB ports;
although haven't tried that yet. This means that the users
will not have access to contextual menus allowing them to
access the file structure.

Coming from the UK; the country where the government
dictates what is and isn't good for its citizens (unlike
the USA, where people are allowed to use their brains) I
don't have any real moral qualms about being a
control-freak as far as my 6-9 year-olds are concerned!

Sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html
The Think Different Store