Edubuntu Launch Traget Market & the tuXlabs Cookbook

John Ingleby john at coronet.co.uk
Fri Jul 29 16:45:00 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 15:13 +0100, Edward Holcroft
<edward at netday.org.za> wrote:
> On 29 Jul 2005, at 12:35 PM, John Ingleby wrote:
> >
> > My vote would be to keep the Cookbook online for as long as possible,
> > and only publish it in printed form when there's a clear need from
> > places with poor Internet connection. That way, it will be continually
> > updated as new information emerges, which is likely to happen when
> > enthusiasts and early adopters get their hands on the first release of
> > Edubuntu.
> >
> Try NO internet connection, like in most of the sites here in Africa.
> My vote would be to get this manual in printable form right away,
> even if it means it's not necessarily the latest content.
I appreciate the limitations of having no Internet connection, although
it's a while since I experienced it myself.

With respect, until the proposed Edubuntu documentation is available
online, in the situation you describe would it be not more appropriate
to use the tried and tested tuXlabs Cookbook?

This would be more in keeping with the proposed approach for Edubuntu's
first release, if it's aimed at enthusiasts and those really keen to try
it out.

What's clear from this discussion, however, is that a section on
migrating from K12LTSP or Skolelinux would obviously be a useful
addition to the Edubuntu Cookbook.

Regards,

John
****