Edubuntu at the FLOSSIE Conference in UK

John Ingleby john at coronet.co.uk
Tue Jul 19 17:25:59 UTC 2005

Don't ask me how, but the little visual gotchas I reported earlier
disappeared completely on my LTSP thin client, and I was able to exhibit
a perfectly normal display on a terminal attached to my Ubuntu server at
the Schoolforge-UK FLOSSIE Conference last week.

There is a report on the conference at

http://www.schoolforge.org.uk/index.php/FLOSSIE_2005_Report

There was a great deal of interest in Edubuntu, which I'm sure will grow
rapidly in UK once it is released.

Another exhibitor was the Karoshi Project - http://www/karoshi.org.uk -
which installs a group of servers to provide all the network services
needed for a school running any number of "fat" clients. The Karoshi
team are working to make the software both language and distribution
independent, and I feel sure this will be of interest when Edubuntu
grows to take in the requirements of the whole school.

Best regards,

John Ingleby
Webmaster - www,schoolforge.org.uk