Main inclusion, gcompris and the first roadblock

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 06:59:30 UTC 2005

I have started creating the various reports necessary to get the
various bits of Edubuntu into main.[1]

I started with Gcompris which has some nasty dependencies. These are
svgalib and howl.

Quoteth Martin Pitt:
[Burgundavia] pitti, I will add that and start on the rest of the
edubuntu stuff. I need to create a seperate report for svgalib and
howl?
[pitti] eek, svgalib???
[Burgundavia] yes
[Burgundavia] gcompris has some nasty deps
* pitti runs away screaming
[pitti] I thought it was a gnome program=
[pitti] ?
[Burgundavia] it sort of is
[pitti] make that go away *sob*
[Burgundavia] ok
[pitti] Burgundavia: we already discussed howl, there were some patent
issues AFAIK
[pitti] Burgundavia: we had it in main once, then dropped it

So, we need to make gcompris not use these 2 things. This probably
needs to be discussed with upstream and possibly a new version might
fix it.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EdubuntuMainInclusion

Corey