interest in Edubuntu for Cambodian schools

jelkner at divmod.com jelkner at divmod.com
Sun Aug 14 15:26:32 UTC 2005

Hi Tim,

The computers you describe could serve as Edubuntu thin clients, but that assumes you will have a networked lab situation with at least one high powered machine to be the server.

You might also be interested in Ubuntu-Lite, which is aimed at working directly on machines like you described.  I'm hoping to be able to make contributions to Ubuntu-Lite developement once school starts, but that will be contingent on student interest (I can lead them to water, but I can't make them drink...)

I'm not sure who is coordinating the Ubuntu-Lite effort.  I receive regular emails from a google group:

Ubuntu Lite:
http://groups.google.com.au/group/ubuntu_lite
ubuntu_lite at googlegroups.com

and I found a web site that seems to be under development:

http://www.ubuntulite.org/

Hopefully, these efforts are being coordinated.

What is your time line?  If you plan to work on this during the coming school year, perhaps I could lend a hand.

Thanks!

jeff elkner