[Fwd: Edubuntu & KEWL.NextGen experimental DEB package]

Jane Weideman janew at hbd.com
Fri Aug 12 09:05:59 UTC 2005

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Derek Keats <dkeats at uwc.ac.za>
To: janew at hbd.com
Cc: hilton at shuttleworthfoundation.org
Subject: Edubuntu & KEWL.NextGen experimental DEB package
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:10:27 +0200

Hi Jane,

Thanks very much for meeting with me last week amidst everything else.
I appreciate it very much.

You asked me to send some more information about KEWL.NextGen, so we
took you seriously :-)

I attach
1. A howto regarding how to get KEWL.NextGen going on Ubuntu. We did
the installation while writing the document, and then repeated it
afterwards, so it has been tested, as has the package installation.
2. A RAR zipped document of the KEWL.NextGen features.

We have also prepared an experimental Debian package, as explained in
the howto. This package can be downloaded from
http://kngforge.uwc.ac.za/resources/kewl-nextgen-1.0.3-all.deb
It is an experimental CVS snapshot, not an officially released version.
It is a large package (47Mb)  because of all the context-sensitive help
that is included. I test installed it last night on a machine freshly
formatted with Ubuntu and it worked for me.

This is just to give you an idea of how we will be prepared to go the
distance as it were to make sure everything works for Edubuntu.

Regards
Derek

Prof Derek Keats
Executive Director, Information & Communication Services
University of the Western Cape, P. Bag X17, Bellville, South Africa
Phone: +27 21 959 2304
Fax: +27 21 959 1201
email: dkeats at uwc.ac.za
--