PPU upload rights application for sosreport

Utkarsh Gupta utkarsh.gupta at canonical.com
Wed May 31 17:20:48 UTC 2023

Hi Robie,

On Tue, May 30, 2023 at 12:44 AM Robie Basak <robie.basak at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Sorry, like others it was a public holiday here today and I was out.

Ack but..

> I have a strong preference to handle applications in real time and that
> is the current default method, so could we give that a chance first
> please? There's a meeting slot available on 26 June for example, and
> given that Nikhil first applied only today and without any prior notice,
> that doesn't seem unreasonable.

This is absolutely terrible on DMB's part, I think. I think your
preference would've been reasonable if we had the next slot available
or if the applicant were pre-informed about this. But given that none
of that happened, I think it's unreasonable for us to make an
applicant wait for 2 months. If  you realllyyyyyy have a strong
preference for handling this in real time, I'd rather have us schedule
a special meeting (whenever but ideally within 2 weeks) to make up for
the no-show of the members rather than the applicant waiting for 8
weeks. If that doesn't work, I'd rather have it done via the mailing
list. Waiting another 8 weeks is just unfair and wrong on our part.

- u