PPU upload rights application for sosreport

Lukasz Zemczak lukasz.zemczak at canonical.com
Mon May 29 16:35:55 UTC 2023

Hello Nikhil!

As at today's DMB meeting we were not able to achieve quorum and the
next DMB application slot is already taken, we have decided to try and
handle Nikhil's application via e-mail. If we're unable to progress
sufficiently fast, we can always discuss the application in one of the
subsequent meetings.
To not delay this into infinity, let's use the next 2-3 days for
questions and then instantly move to voting.

Nikhil, could you please introduce yourself briefly in a reply to this message?

As a reminder, Nikhil's application can be found here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/nkshirsagar/UbuntuPerPackageUploaderApplication
and already contains an introduction, but it's always a nice to have a
time-slot to be able to say something more. Especially regarding your
motivations for getting the PPU rights for the package.

Since there's no actual need to wait, I'll start off with my few
initial questions. The floor is open for questions from other DMB
members as well.

1) A bit of a formal nitpick, but I see Dariusz on your application is
listed as a 'commenter' instead of an 'endorser'. His comment feels
like an endorsement however - is that a mistake? Would Dariusz be able
to endorse your application?
2) Can you tell me what an SRU MRE is? What is the meaning? What are
the limitations? What does it allow and what not?
3) Let's say an upload that you did for both the devel series and a
stable series, say, jammy, reports autopkgtest failures. What does it
mean to the uploads (both devel and jammy). How would you proceed?
Elaborate on a few possible scenarios here.
4) Could you explain to me in detail the meaning of the following
Ubuntu package versions?
  a) 1:1.6.1-0ubuntu3.1
  b) 2.102-1-2ubuntu0.23.04.1

Those should suffice for now. Thank you!

Best regards,